The Niagara Industrial Association (NIA) was created in 2007 by Niagara manufacturers to organize and unite the regional manufacturing industries and advocate for policies that help our members succeed.
Some of NIA’s achievements include the following:
- Reversed the Niagara Region’s decision to stop industrial garbage pick up (2008)
- Reduced Regional development charges to zero for a two-year period (2012)
- Coordinated guest speakers for NIA general meetings to showcase Niagara manufacturers, as well as speak about best practices, regulatory issues, business opportunities, and other initiatives
- Created business development opportunities in a variety of sectors
- Lobbied for $100 million SODP funding support for industry
- Participated in many trade and business development missions on behalf of Niagara manufacturers resulting in a heightened profile and new business opportunities for Niagara-based manufacturing companies